Monday, March 25, 2013

PODOLSKI - "IM STAYING!"


Lukas Podolski has dismissed any rumor that he's on his way out. 'The Sun' had originally penned the story which the German recently refuted while speaking to Bild Magazine.

Firstly, he quashed The Sun's reports that he and Arsene Wenger had an acrimonious relationship.

LP - “[It is] absolutely good and professional. We talk a lot – also in German. He also asks me ‘how is the family'".

The tabloid newspaper also cited Juventus as Podolski's next destination...

LP - "I want to say two things. First I cannot help it that clubs are interested in me. And there are always people behind who want to launch something in this business. I am busy and this subject has never come up. And secondly any interest makes me proud because it is recognition of my performance.”

Upon asked if he would leave Arsenal after his contract expires in 2016 - he replied:

“This is unlikely. Because it really feels comfortable at the club and in the town. Here, as a player, you have peace and quiet. I appreciate that very much. Therefore, I can honestly say: I am preparing for no change.”

It looks like Lukas will be getting that 'Arsenal tattoo' after all!

Podolski/Arsenal - 1 The Sun - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment