Saturday, March 16, 2013

CARL JENKINSON - WHAT LEGENDS ARE MADE OF!

Remeber those silly rumors a week or so ago regarding Carl Jenkinson to Manchester City?
Never gonna happen. Mark my word.


Carl Jenkinson is living the dream. He's a passionate Gooner with strong Arsenal lineage. Did you see the placard for his grandfather he had installed at the Emirates...?
A tear-jerker if I've ever seen one, wow! That shit was on par with Extreme Makeover Home edition and any episode finale of Undercover Boss.


Unfortunately Carl's grandfather never got to see him playing for the team they all support and love, so to commemorate his honor he had this installed at Armory Square...


CJ: "He said: 'I just wanted something for my grandad. It has always been a bit of a regret that he has not been able to come to my games since I’ve been at Arsenal. It's well documented that my dad is a massive Arsenal fan but grandad was just the same, and I was very close to him. I am sure he is looking down at how things are going for me and the fact I’m playing for Arsenal.

"I am a fan of this club and that will never change. I am just lucky enough to have been given the ability and the chance to play for my club.
'I was going to watch Arsenal the same as the fans were and [now] just count myself very lucky to represent them as a fan who has become a player.
'It doesn’t come around very often and I just feel privileged and honoured to be that person."



The boy's living the dream. Can you even imagine the pride he must feel every time he walks out of that tunnel with the canon on his chest. Not only that, Jenkinson is a young lad with an extremely long and promising career in front of him. If he continues to put in performances like the one in Munich and his form continues to ascend off the charts, the once 'nobody' from Charlton Athletic is an Arsenal legend in the making for sure.

The fans already love the unassuming boy from Harlow. From his awkward, gangly and hunched frame to his consistently furrowed Wenger-esque brow, Jenkinson almost looks lost and afraid on the football pitch.

I felt so sorry for him when he first arrived, being thrown in at the deep-end against Udinese in the final qualifying round of the Champions League, and it did show too. He looked completely out of his depth as he replaced the injured Djourou in the second half.

Not only that, nobody had even heard of Carl Jenkinson.
But Wenger obviously had; and I have indelible respect the Frenchman's vision, it's impeccable and something that will never wane from my dilapidated opinion of Le Prof.

Arsene would be an excellent scout. There you go Mr Wenger how do you like that? No need to pay me - I'm happy to give you career advice!

Carl Jenkinson still has a long way to go but he's a perfect successor to Bacary Sagna if he leaves this summer.

Carl Jenkinson. We're proud of you. Gooner till I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment