Sunday, February 10, 2013

BRAZILIAN U18 MIDFIELDER TO ARSENAL?

Sixteen year-old playmaker Matheus Indio is apparently on his way to North London for trials.
Like most Brazilian footballers he prefers to go by just 'Indio', which is useful considering most of our commentators still can't pronounce Tomas Row-zikki's name.


I give it a week before that mop's either a Croydon facelift, or worse, the poor kid ends up in  Chamakh's barber shop...

According to a reliable Arsenal source, Matheus Indio will be arriving next week from 'Vasco Da Gama' in Rio de Janeiro for a series of trials at London Colney.

Supposedly the AFC scouts like him a lot. Here's one reason why...




Indio told Globo Esporte"I'm anxious for this new stage in my life. I'll spend a week at Arsenal. It will be cool, I hope I enjoy it. 
"Of course I have the dream of playing for a European club, but everything has its right time. It will be a good experience. I want to learn."
The young maestro is also a big Walcott fan: "I like him a lot. His style of play is very fast, which pleases me."

Getting a work permit may take some time though, the starlet must be at least 18 years old and considered a special talent by the FA to acquire the permit. 
I guess this time will be spent training and then maybe a preliminary contract will be negotiated if he impresses at the trials?

No comments:

Post a Comment