Wednesday, May 8, 2013

SIR ALEX RETIRES - GREAT NEWS FOR US!


So there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

For us Gooner's, this dire and stressful season is coming to a close and there's only one thing in mind - a 4th place finish.
For Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham it may only be a few games remaining but this is far from over.

Today's Chelsea vs Tottenham result will shed a whole new light on a turbulent end to another disappointing season.

Manchester United on the other hand have had quite the opposite experience.

If there was one team this season that I prayed would fail, it was United. Much like last season with Manchester City...
Do you see a pattern forming?
With Nasri and Clichy leaving in such traitorous style and then to go on and win the League, then Van Pussy to go and repeat that hurt the following season. Wow - the two shittiest fairy-tail endings I've ever heard of!

To be fair to United - there's never been another team for me, I've always hated them for as far back as I can remember. They are officially #1 on my shit-list, and I grew up in the 80's and 90's when it was predominantly Liverpool running amok with Ian Rush, John Barnes, Steve McManaman etc.
But United, they made my skin crawl. They still do.


And to be honest, this despise I have for them is actually inadvertent expression of my respect for the Manc bastards.

They are an awesome display of success! Oh it pains me to write that but it's true.

And primarily because of Sir Alex Ferguson. Without the beetroot-faced Scotsman I can guarantee they wouldn't be the second richest team in the World.
And despite sounding like your stereotypical park-bench drunk nobody else could have led them to Champions of the Premier League for the 20th time, and sure as hell wouldn't have stolen our prized player last season to do so...

So what next for United?

Everton's David Moyes is in pole position to take over from Sir Alex which scares me as Moyes is a great manager, I believe he'll take off from where Ferguson left off with great ease.

I was more hoping that United would 'pull a Chelsea' and just go for some big-name manager who can't gel with the egomaniac squad and in tern be one of three different managers fired per season.


We should be so lucky. It would be a shame for the fellow Scot to leave Goodison Park but it almost looks set in stone.
It may mean however that Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini will look to Arsenal as potential suiters...? Maybe.

With Sir Alex a probable contender for United's 'Director of Football' it will also be some time before United are severed from the positive influence of football's most decorated manager.

For Arsenal - this is still positive news. Psychologically United's squad next season will be in tatters (I hope!)

I know that opinions are divided but I'm hoping the sudden retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson starts a trend of fresh-blooded managers replacing significant footballing tenures . Sometimes you just can't see the wood from the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment