Monday, May 13, 2013

DON'T BELIEVE 'HIGUAN' YOU READ

Thank you to 'Here Is The City.com's' Dan Coombs for breaking down some transfer bullshiz which is extremely refreshing to read: HITC.com...


Sometimes I feel I don't post enough AFC news here on TalkingoutmyArsenal.com. The main restriction being my full time job and family to consider, but also because on a day to day basis there's so much absolute desperate tripe written out there - mostly transfer tripe on 'done deals' and 'release clause triggering!'.

Ironically, most of the misleading headlines and fact-less body's of work are spawned by the established -or should I say infamous- tabloid sports blogs.


Rule of thumb - If it ain't confirmed on Arsenal.com it ain't confirmed. I get so tired of reading the same misleading trash.

I don't care what the Daily Mail or Caught Offside choose to report. It will be a different story tomorrow with a calculated re-visit a fortnight later in an attempt to validate.
The red-tab newspaper's have been using this contriving format for years. Sometimes it works out, the 'said information' has to come from somewhere right? I mean if the story isn't at least feasible you'd have no readers to start with.

For most of these 'sports writers' it's a win-win situation. The sheer volume of top-class footballing talent either coming to the end of their contract or looking for potential suiters are plentiful, then you throw in one of 20+ top-flight teams of media interest, throw in some figures and you've got yourself a feasible story.

I'm not saying Gonzalo Higuan to Arsenal for £19 million isn't true, nor am I saying that I wouldn't welcome him to North London with open arms, but really...

It's almost a full time job rummaging through the trash to find the true sources (if any) to many fabrications out there.

Again - Higuan may not be a fabrication but I'm definitely taking it with a pinch of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment