Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MET GARY LINEKER IN L.A LAST WEEK, THIS IS WHAT HE SAID ABOUT BALE...

So I'm walking around the Melrose flea market in West Hollywood with the family and my mate Eric, (a sorry Scouse Liverpool fan but he can't help it) and we spotted Gary Lineker with his wife.

Poor attempt at a photo-bomb
Eric eagerly went up to congratulate him on life - me on the other hand, slightly less reserved due to his Tottenham ties, I nodded then flashed him my Arsenal tattoo which he sneered at.  But he seemed friendly enough, so I let him off.


After Eric chewed his ear off, I managed to ask him what his opinion on Bale to Real Madrid was?

This is how the conversation went...

Me: "So Gary what do you think will happen regarding Gareth Bale and Real Madrid?" (i.e does he have the balls to leave the comfort of London to play with the big boys?).

GL: Yeah he's off.

Me: He is?!? (All excited!) You know for a fact?

GL: No but I think he'll go.

- And that was it. Short and sweet.

Take it as you will, I'm hoping old 'Salt n Lineker's' correct! He has to have some sort of inside scoop right?

After the response I even tried to get some supposed ITK's to retweet it in an attempt to give 'hope' during another dire transfer window (thus far). They didn't...


And yeah if he does leave for an astronomical £85mil (or whatever?) then the Spuds bank account doesn't bode too well for us with such a hefty sum.
But then again - they are a one man team who'll be even more f#*ked when he leaves!
I'm sure AVB will still struggle to get first-rate players to a second-rate club with no CL even with that sort of bank balance. We'll see.

I managed to find pictures of him and the missus from the same day at the flea market on the Daily Mail website...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2381293/Gary-Danielle-Lineker-look-glum-browse-antique-books-Hollywood-flea-market.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

No comments:

Post a Comment