Saturday, June 1, 2013

AFC WEEKLY ROUND UP:

Another week in to the transfer window and nothing but speculation and bullshit headline's, this makes it very hard to dissect what's actually woth posting.

After sifting through 'the good, the bad and the Gareth Bale' these are the most interesting and feasible articles from this week...

AFC TARGET CLEMENT GRENIER SPEAKS RE NORTH LONDON LINK:


Wenger replied to questions regarding the 22-year-old Lyon midfielder:

AW: "We are following Grenier. His intelligent play pleases me."

The French International has scored four in Lyon's last seven games, scoring an absolute belter of a free kick in his final game (below).

Arsene continued:

AW: " He has interesting qualities and reminds me of Samir Nasri".

When Grenier was asked to comment on his future he replied:

CG: "Have I made a decision? Yes. More or less. I keep it for myself as I care for my discussions I have had with the president and the coach. I just want to say that I've never had demands. Moreover, either with the club or with my advisors, figures were never mentioned. My choice is a sporting one."

He added: "A fight between Arsenal and Lyon for me? Maybe. The competition at Arsenal? There is already that here [at Lyon]."

CG: "It is the same in all the major clubs and it is not a hindrance in my decision making. I'm still a young player. But I always set goals and do everything to surpass myself. Whether it is at Lyon or elsewhere. For now, I'm still a Lyon player and I may stay next season. I do not know myself what will happen. The only thing I expect is really at a sporting level, and my desire is to progress."

So, what does this mean?

It means we (Arsene) are obviously not shying away from our interest in the lad, and when I hear Wenger so candid in his response to a player, I automatically smell a rat-fish!

I guess I expect Wenger to hold his cards closer to his chest...


Although, a preliminary deal may have already have been agreed between the clubs which would explain his veracity. Why deny what's inevitably on the cards (exscuse the pun)...

I don't know? But what I do - is that this boy looks promising and he's also mentioned our club with probable intent.

Do we need another attacking midfielder?

No, but it's healthy competition for our existing AM's and Grenier's fancy footwork and speed means he can also play wide-right.

Possibly Grenier's last goal before becoming an Arsenal player?


JULIO CESAR TO ARSENAL...


Supposedly Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cezar handed in a transfer request after the London club were relegated.

Reports on 'Italia Sky' are saying that he's already agreed terms with Arsenal for a 2-year deal worth around £3.6 million.

The 33-year old ex-Inter player is said to be favored over want-away Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes who we are also supposedly tracking.

Cesar would be a much cheaper option to the 31 year-old Spaniard, Valdes may however still remain at Barca for one more year.

JOVETIC SAGA BORING THE PANTS OFF EVERYONE!


Fiorentina's GM, Sandro Mencucci spoke regarding the Montenegrin attacker's future :

SM: "Jovetic wants a new experience and we'll try to make him happy, but only if a suitable offer comes in."

The Italian club values Jovetic at £25+ mill and Wenger is only prepared to offer £20m.

For once I agree with Wenger's tight-ass approach to the Jovetic situation.

The boy has not proved anything apart from prospect for the future. He had a pretty poor performance last season in comparison to his hype (12 goals in 33), his age and injury record are a defining factor in my eyes.

For £20 mil I'd much rather have either Benteke, Llorente, Adrian, Rooney or David Villa in our squad.

OVER THE HILL-WOOD?


The Telegraph, have reported that Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood is planning to retire after an 84-year family legacy on the Arsenal board.

Hill-Wood himself has sat on the board for 51 years and after a recent pneumonia and a heart attack scare the 77 year-old is ready to step down.

“Nothing has been decided.” Was Hill-Wood's response but good sources are saying that an exit strategy is being considered.

The current board is said to be vying for a former-player or a female to take of PHW's seat in an attempt to bring some passion and variety to the crotchety, decaying and stubborn board.

I say bring in King Henry and Adriana Lima to spice things up!

It's always a shame to see the end of an era; I wish PHW all the best regarding his family and heath.

Arsenal are ready to embark on fresher pastures and this is a step in the right direction for all.

Next is to get Kroenke out and then ____________ (fill in the blank!).

No comments:

Post a Comment